Every music educator in our city should have access to support, resources, professional development, and a community of practice.
Artist Corps New Orleans gives local music educators support they need, so they can focus their efforts on providing students with an excellent music education. Our team works to:
- partner with national and local organizations and clinicians to offer professional development opportunities
- provide on-site coaching from highly effective, experienced music educators
- engage visiting artists in outreach to schools, coordinating with music educators to maximize impact
- develop relationships with funders and music service organizations, connecting educators with resources for their classrooms
- convene local and regional gatherings for music educators, buidling a larger community of practice
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY
BATON ROUGE: February 3, 2018; 10-3
Presented by Red Stick Orff
Saturday, February 3, 2018 * 10:00am-3:00pm
"Stepping Stones for Successful Teaching"
Presenter: Marie Blaney
Hosted at LSU School of Music, Baton Rouge, LA in the Music & Dramatic Arts Building Room 247
Cost: $25 per adult / $5 with student ID
To Register email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information
Books will contain ideas and materials but will not tell a teacher “what to do with the activities.” That is the crux of every teacher’s dilemma, coupled with how to progress step by step. We all know how we learn music, but how can we guide our students to be musicians and acquire new ideas and understanding of concepts so they too can create music of their own? How does a teacher go about developing “process?” How can “process” become the content of your music program? Join us for a fun day of music making with movement, speech, singing, and instrumentation designed to develop skills and process in the planning and execution of your music program.
“It is not what you tell your students about music that counts. It’s what you have them do with it.” Arnold Burckhardt
Email email@example.com with your contact information
Note: this training is presented by our colleagues and posted as a service to the field. Artist Corps New Orleans is not leading this training.
Partner with Us
If you would like to help support music educators, or if your school would like to access these resources, please contact us at: