Every music educator in our city should have access to support, resources, professional development, and a community of practice.
Professional Development Opportunity:
New Orleans, August 24-25
This summer, Young Audiences of Louisiana (YALA) will hold an institute and residency program, cultivating the next generation of highly-qualified teaching artists to support arts-integrated education in local elementary schools. After successfully completing an intensive two-day seminar conducted by arts integration and child development experts, each teaching artist will be placed in a classroom to conduct a five-day residency. Open to professional artists of all teaching experience levels, participants will learn strategies to employ their artistic talents in the instruction of core academic content alongside classroom teachers.
● August 24th and 25th from 9:00am-4:00pm
● Healing Center: 2372 St Claude Ave, New Orleans, LA 70117
Note: this training is presented by our colleagues and posted as a service to the field. Artist Corps New Orleans is not leading this training.
Artist Corps New Orleans gives local music educators support they need, so they can focus their efforts on providing students with an excellent music education. Our team works to:
- partner with national and local organizations and clinicians to offer professional development opportunities
- provide on-site coaching from highly effective, experienced music educators
- engage visiting artists in outreach to schools, coordinating with music educators to maximize impact
- develop relationships with funders and music service organizations, connecting educators with resources for their classrooms
- convene local and regional gatherings for music educators, buidling a larger community of practice
Partner with Us
If you would like to help support music educators, or if your school would like to access these resources, please contact us at: